This Saturday, the hosts of Discovery’s MythBusters show will tackle one of gaming’s most iconic franchises in a special DOOM-themed episode. In this wonderfully geeky special, Adam and Jamie will team up with id Software’s Tim Willits to answer a question that’s been on the mind of every shooter fan at one point or another: “Is it really possible for someone to carry all those health packs, guns, and even a chainsaw?”
I’ve ask myself this question every day, but I have yet to come up with an answer. I’m sure they’ll have better luck, especially since they’ll be pulling out the, uh, big guns for this episode. They’re even going to recreate an entire DOOM level, because science.
Once they’ve finished answering this question, maybe they can find out when that next DOOM game is coming. That answer would make a lot of gamers happy.
The special airs on Discovery on Saturday, January 31st at 9/8c.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘System Shock 3’ Concept Art Revealed
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- This ‘Scorn’ Trailer Isn’t for the Squeamish
- ‘Agony’ Secures Physical Release, Game Expansion Planned
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August