A few weeks ago, developer Playism Games revealed NightCry (formerly known to us as Project Scissors) through an eerie live-action trailer, directed by Takashi Shimizu (Ju-On, The Grudge). The game has some serious names attached to it, including Clock Tower series creator Hifumi Kono and Pyramid Head creator Masahiro Ito.
NightCry is a spiritual successor to the long-dormant Clock Tower series that returns the series to its roots in 3D point-and-click adventure style gameplay. Like so many other passion projects, Playism will require a substantial amount of funds to realize it.
If they’re successful in raising $300,000, the game will come to mobile and PC, with other platforms potentially to follow.
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- Does ‘Hellblade’ Delete Your Saves If You Die Too Much?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- Chocolate is a Matter of State Security in the New ‘Wolfenstein II’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art