A few weeks ago, developer Playism Games revealed NightCry (formerly known to us as Project Scissors) through an eerie live-action trailer, directed by Takashi Shimizu (Ju-On, The Grudge). The game has some serious names attached to it, including Clock Tower series creator Hifumi Kono and Pyramid Head creator Masahiro Ito.
NightCry is a spiritual successor to the long-dormant Clock Tower series that returns the series to its roots in 3D point-and-click adventure style gameplay. Like so many other passion projects, Playism will require a substantial amount of funds to realize it.
If they’re successful in raising $300,000, the game will come to mobile and PC, with other platforms potentially to follow.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!