Old school survival horror returns today with the arrival of the Resident Evil HD Remaster, and as far as I can tell, there seems to be a near-universal agreement among the dwellers of the Internet that it’s one of the better updates we’ve seen yet. I’ve braved its darkened halls and found it especially easy to get lost in, even for a second (or third, fourth, fifth) time.
Capcom is surely already planning their next remaster, and there’s a small chance that Resident Evil Zero is next in line for an update. If that’s true, I imagine such a move wouldn’t be very popular among fans of the series where Resident Evil 2 is the clear favorite.
For Yasuhisa Kawamura, its Nemesis that he’d most like to see get an update. Kawamura has worked on a number of horror threequels during his tenure at Capcom, from Resident Evil 3 to Clock Tower 3, and even Dino Crisis 3, but we can forgive him for that. He’d also really like to see a remake of the game he worked on nearly two decades ago.
“To be honest, I would love to remake Biohazard 3 with today’s technology and skills,” explains Kawamura in a recent interview with Eurogamer. “However, Capcom would never try that, and I am not that much of a valuable member to Capcom. The [Resident Evil] series is created by Capcom’s most elite members. It’s hard to imagine myself fitting in with such a prestigious team. Even if I were to successfully work on a [Resident Evil 3] remake, there’s already Operation Racoon City and The Umbrella Chronicles.”
A little self-depricating, but I get his meaning.
We won’t know which game Capcom is turning their attention to next for a very long time. Whatever it is, if it’s as respectful to the series as the Resident Evil HD remaster is, I’m game.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby