As we continue to wait patiently for Silent Hills to come and either rescue Konami’s ailing survival horror franchise from a slow death or deliver the killing blow, the modding community has been busy working on a first-person Half-Life 2 mod that’s more Silent Hill than Silent Hill has been for quite some time. I’ve spent some time with it already, and it looks fantastic. I can’t speak for the gameplay yet, but I can confirm that it nails the atmosphere down perfectly.
Alchemilla is available now on ModDB. If you’re looking to roam those foggy streets yourself, don’t forget to grab the Source SDK 2013 from the Steam Tools library first.
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- Does ‘Hellblade’ Delete Your Saves If You Die Too Much?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- Chocolate is a Matter of State Security in the New ‘Wolfenstein II’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art