Since its release, an extremely dedicated community of modders and aspiring game developers has grown around Amnesia: The Dark Descent, keeping it alive far longer than the “active” lifespan the average survival game might enjoy. One of the more acclaimed works to come from its community is Penumbra: Necrologue, a total conversion mod that released last Halloween.
It’s oddly fitting that this fan-made mod should pick up where Penumbra: Requiem left off, seeing as Amnesia wouldn’t have been possible without the Penumbra trilogy.
Necrologue is available now on ModDB, where it won Best Singleplayer in the site’s Mod of the Year awards. With English and Russian voice work, multiple endings and an original soundtrack, it sounds like a true passion project.
The game recently arrived on Steam Greenlight, along with some brand new footage. Once it’s been approved, Necrologue will release as a free-to-play title.
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Hiya Toys Unveils More ‘Aliens: Colonial Marines’ Figures!
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- Our Most Anticipated Psychological Horror Games
- [E3 2017] Monster Hunters Wanted for ‘Hunt: Showdown’
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!