Techland has announced Dying Light: Nightmare Row, a novel that will serve as a prequel to their upcoming open-world zombie survival game, Dying Light. The novel will follow Mel Wyatt, an 18 year-old who gets trapped in the city of Harran when an outbreak starts turning people into monsters. With a quarantine isolating the city from the outside world, Wyatt must do what he can so he and his younger brother Paul can survive.
Nightmare Row is written by author Raymond Benson, who wrote the James Bond novels from 1997 to 2003. He’s also written novel tie-ins for the Splinter Cell and Metal Gear Solid series.
“I’d always wanted to try my hand at a zombie-genre tale and this gave me the perfect opportunity. The folks at Techland created a rich and intriguingly bleak setting for the game, so that gave me a wonderful and creepy world in which to play around,” says Benson.
No word on a price or release date yet.
Dying Light hits PC, PS4 and Xbox One on January 27.
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- ‘Darkwood’ Exits Early Access, Complete With New Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Stefano Takes Center Stage in New ‘The Evil Within 2’ Trailer
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- ‘We Happy Few’ Secures Release Date