The version of Victorian era London that developer Ready at Dawn has built around their upcoming PS4 exclusive The Order: 1886 sounds incredibly exciting, so long as you’re not actually living in it. An ancient order of soldiers armed with steampunk weapons, human “half-breeds” who can turn into monsters at will, and the centuries long war the two sides have waged sounds exactly like the kind of video game I’d fancy spending an evening with.
Making a world as rich as this requires a tremendous amount of work. Too much, according to The Order: 1886 creative director Ru Weerasuriya, who told Polygon in a recent interview “It takes too much work for this to be for a single title.”
“We have other games in mind, other things that could be done,” Weerasuriya explains. “The reality is that we never build a world with the mind set of ‘There is one story and that is that.’ We build a world purely for the purpose of making more than one game.”
So the universe The Order is set in was built with ample room for sequels. I’m ok with that.
The Order: 1886 is slated to hit PS4 on Feb 20.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!