Naughty Dog’s post-apocalyptic masterpiece The Last of Us doesn’t need a sequel, but neither did BioShock until Infinite came along. The developer hasn’t hid the fact that they’re seriously considering the idea of turning it into a series, it may just be a matter of when it happens.
If there’s one truth you can rely on, it’s that The Last of Us 2 won’t be happening anytime soon.
In a recent interview with Game Informer, Naughty Dog’s Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann discussed the possibility of a return to that fungal apocalypse, saying it won’t happen until they’re finished with Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End.
As to whether or not The Last of Us is better as a one-off experience, “We totally get it, because we have those same feelings as well,” says Druckmann. “We have brainstormed sequel ideas for The Last of Us, and we’ve brainstormed ideas for new games, but all of that is put on ice right now while we work on Uncharted 4.“
So for now, they’re focusing on closing the book on Nathan Drake’s story later this year. That’s not that long of a wait. What would you like to see next from this developer? The Last of Us 2, or something new?
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- 20 Horror Game Crossovers I Want in ‘Mortal Kombat’, Part 2
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’
- Will We Get Uber Jason in ‘F13: The Game’?
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby