The owners of the Seattle-based game developer Zombie Studios have announced their decision to close shop. Over the course of the studio’s two decade-long run, they contributed to over 30 titles across all major consoles. Among them you’ll find a handful of horror games, including the two Saw games and Daylight, which released earlier this year to middling reviews (see ours below).
Zombie isn’t closing because their game flopped, so it’s not necessarily sad news, but it’s still disappointing to see such a big supporter and contributor to the horror genre leave us.
I might play through the first Saw game this weekend in their honor. How about you?
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates True Love With a Bloodhunt
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby