The owners of the Seattle-based game developer Zombie Studios have announced their decision to close shop. Over the course of the studio’s two decade-long run, they contributed to over 30 titles across all major consoles. Among them you’ll find a handful of horror games, including the two Saw games and Daylight, which released earlier this year to middling reviews (see ours below).
Zombie isn’t closing because their game flopped, so it’s not necessarily sad news, but it’s still disappointing to see such a big supporter and contributor to the horror genre leave us.
I might play through the first Saw game this weekend in their honor. How about you?
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- ‘Darkwood’ Exits Early Access, Complete With New Trailer
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- Stefano Takes Center Stage in New ‘The Evil Within 2’ Trailer
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- ‘We Happy Few’ Secures Release Date