It’s official. Slasher games are a thing, and I couldn’t be happier. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say we’re witnessing the beginning of a brand new genre of horror games — or, perhaps more accurately, the return of a genre that’s been dead for decades.
It started with two radically different stabs (sorry) at breathing new life into the genre with
Splatter Camp, an 80’s style indie from the one-man team behind Babysitter Bloodbath, and the PS4-exclusive Until Dawn, from developer Supermassive Games.
November added two more games to the list, including Summer Camp and Last Year, the latter of which managed to raise over $114,000 on Kickstarter last month.
All these games seem to have inspired another as-of-yet unnamed developer to jump on the stabwagon (again, sorry), and this time it’s a name that’s known by any horror fan who’s worth their salt: Friday the 13th.
We don’t know much about Jason’s return to video games, but that’s not stopping me from wondering what could be. If you’d like to wonder with me, read on for my Friday the 13th video game wish list!
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- 20 Horror Game Crossovers I Want in ‘Mortal Kombat’, Part 2
- Experience VR Thai Horror This September with ‘Home Sweet Home’
- Will We Get Uber Jason in ‘F13: The Game’?
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby