A couple readers have pointed out the recent disappearance of Silent Hill: Downpour from the Xbox Live store. I was able to confirm it’s no longer available where I am, and that Silent Hill: Homecoming and the Silent Hill HD Collection haven’t vanished with it, but the reason for its sudden removal is still a mystery.
My guess is this is just another example of a license expiring. That sometimes happens around this time of the year.
I’ve reached out to Konami for a comment, I’ll update this story if/when I hear back.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!