A couple readers have pointed out the recent disappearance of Silent Hill: Downpour from the Xbox Live store. I was able to confirm it’s no longer available where I am, and that Silent Hill: Homecoming and the Silent Hill HD Collection haven’t vanished with it, but the reason for its sudden removal is still a mystery.
My guess is this is just another example of a license expiring. That sometimes happens around this time of the year.
I’ve reached out to Konami for a comment, I’ll update this story if/when I hear back.
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- ‘Darkwood’ Exits Early Access, Complete With New Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Stefano Takes Center Stage in New ‘The Evil Within 2’ Trailer
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- ‘We Happy Few’ Secures Release Date