A couple readers have pointed out the recent disappearance of Silent Hill: Downpour from the Xbox Live store. I was able to confirm it’s no longer available where I am, and that Silent Hill: Homecoming and the Silent Hill HD Collection haven’t vanished with it, but the reason for its sudden removal is still a mystery.
My guess is this is just another example of a license expiring. That sometimes happens around this time of the year.
I’ve reached out to Konami for a comment, I’ll update this story if/when I hear back.
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Disturbing ‘Outlast 2’ In-Game Audio Discovered
- 20 Horror Game Crossovers I Want in ‘Mortal Kombat’, Part 2
- ‘Dead By Daylight’ PC Owners Receive A Lullaby
- One, Two, Here’s Some Freddy Krueger Art for You
- Experience Lovecraftian Pleasures in ‘Lust for Darkness’