If video games were people, Resident Evil 4 would resemble one of those leathery-faced elective surgery addicts. This game has been tweaked, remastered and ported more times than I have the energy to count right now, and I’m sure it’s latest HD re-release on Steam won’t be the last.
Capcom has given Resident Evil 4 a considerable amount of attention since its release in 2005, but the value of each iteration has left many fans disappointed. The RE4 HD Project aims to change that by bringing the community together so this game — one of the all-time greats — can get the makeover it deserves. Their labor is even beginning to bear fruit.
Last month, they released the Village portion of the game, which they say covers the first third of the game, along with a video for easy comparing of the original game with the fan remaster.
If you have a PC copy of Resident Evil 4 you’d like to upgrade, this pack can be downloaded here.
- This is Some Mighty Impressive ‘The Evil Within’ Cosplay
- Our Most Anticipated VR Horror Games
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art
- ‘Friday The 13th: The Game’ Tom Savini + JGTH Skins Reveal!
- ‘Resident Evil’ TV series Concept Morphed into Terrifying Short
- ‘Agony’ Spawns More NSFW Screens
- “Horrorland” ‘GTA V’ Machinima Brings Together Horror Heroes and Villains
- The Slasher Genre is Back; Now What?
- ‘Splatterhouse’ Comes To Nintendo Switch This Summer!
- ‘Heretic’ successor ‘Amid Evil’ Revealed!