Today I’d like to introduce you to an eerie little game called Dollhouse. I stumbled across it while perusing the latest additions to Steam Greenlight, which I sometimes do even though I have a tendency to spend way too much time exploring the stranger titles Greenlight has to offer.
Dollhouse is essentially an amalgam of things that I love. Its Steam page mentions Stephen King as a source of inspiration, its world is randomly generated for every playthrough and its non-linear narrative ensures the story will unfold differently each time.
There’s nothing wrong with a developer that’s willing to borrow their ideas so long as they’re also willing to give their own twist on those ideas. For example, the characters in Dollhouse have the ability to temporarily see through the eyes of the enemy. That’s clearly from Siren, only in this game, “sight-jacking” a baddie also lets that baddie see where you are.
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- ‘Darkwood’ Exits Early Access, Complete With New Trailer
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- Stefano Takes Center Stage in New ‘The Evil Within 2’ Trailer
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- ‘We Happy Few’ Secures Release Date