A couple weeks ago Bloody Disgusting joined the rest of the Internet for a mandatory look back at the highs and lows of the year that was. I’ve asked enough people at this point to say the feedback I’ve gleaned from my fellow film geeks regarding how good the year was for horror movies has been a mixed bag, though I personally can’t imagine labeling a year that brought us films like Under the Skin, Housebound and The Babadook as disappointing.
Last year was especially good if you’re fond of freaky television like American Horror Story: Freakshow, or the kinds of video games that make you want to sleep with the lights on. There were even some great books, assuming you’ve been trained in the lost art of reading.
I don’t mind that 2014 was such a polarizing year for fans of the horror genre, because that means we all have different opinions about it. If you’d like to soak up some of our opinions, I’ve compiled every one of the bajillion Best & Worst editorials my fellow staffers and I spent hours slaving away over hot computers to make for easy perusing. Enjoy!
2014 in Film
2014 in Video Games
2014 in TV
2014 in Music
- Battle Lovecraftian Horror on Mars With ‘Moons Of Madness’
- Escape Battling Kaiju in ‘City Shrouded in Shadow’
- Does ‘Hellblade’ Delete Your Saves If You Die Too Much?
- ‘Dead by Daylight’ Celebrates ‘Halloween’ in August
- Grab ‘Deadlight: DC’ for Free During GOG.com Sale!
- Chocolate is a Matter of State Security in the New ‘Wolfenstein II’ Trailer
- ‘H1Z1: Just Survive’ Changes Name, Adds New Content
- ‘Warcraft III’ Gets a New Test Realm for Future Remaster?
- Enjoy the Beauty & Horror In ‘The Land of Pain’ Trailer
- This is a Good Day for ‘Friday the 13th’ Fan Art